|Technical Questions for Interview|
These questions are intended to provide a means of finding out how much someone knows as well as seeing how well they react to questions which they may have no idea about. Sometimes there may be no wrong answer, just degrees of rightness. Some of the answers are here.
What are the 3 major classes of IP network?
What is a Class D IP address
What addresses do multicast start with?
What is OSPF?
What is BGP?
Define an autonomous system?
What does the Ether type code do?
How would you configure a three router network with an Internet connection?
Dial on demand
How many bytes in an IPX network address?
What mask would you use to supernet two class C addresses
What is LANE?
What is VLANing?
How do you spell FDDI?
What is CIDR?
What is VLSM?
What IP protocol does DLSW use
What IP port number does DLSW use?
How well do you know Unix, SunOS, SOlaris, AIX, Linux?
How well do you know VI?
How would you automatically start a daemon on Sys 5 R4?
What is the services file & the inetd.conf - How would you add an entry?
Are you familiar with Perl, KSH,CSH and scripting these?
What command would you use to modify the environment on KSH?
What command would you use to modify the environment on CSH?
Have you installed Unix software before?
Given a package to install, what would you do first?
|Questions From Andrew Latta|
1. Please outline your practical experience in terms of the:
2. What factors do you believe are important in managing an Australia wide telecommunications network on a day to day basis?
3. What sort of factors should you consider when developing an Australia wide telecommunications network?
4. User(s) are complaining of delays when using the network. What would you do?
5. What are some of the problems associated with operating a switched LAN?
6. Name some of the ways of combining TCP/IP traffic and SNA traffic over the same link.
7. Your staff are all working on several problems affecting several users, and you receive a call that there is a problem affecting many users at a remote site. What would you do?
8. What are the differences between a meshed and a star topology? Describe some of the advantages and disadvantages of each in a WAN context.
9. What sort of factors would you take into account in calculating utilisation levels on a link?
10. What is the essential difference between primary rate (Macrolink) and basic rate (Microlink) interfaces on an ISDN service?
11. What advantages does Fame Relay have over ISDN as a carrier service?
12. What sort of cabling is suitable for Fast Ethernet protocols?
13. What are the minimum and maximum sizes of packets in an 802.3 Ethernet protocol?